Thursday, July 16, 2009

Good days!

We are having some very good days. The weather is perfect in my opinion, we even enjoy the rainy, windy days when we can wrap up in a blanket and enjoy the crazy weather from the porch. Ashley is soooo smiley and rather demanding in her attention seeking, which is requiring me to adapt my expectations of her. I've started to realize that paying some attention to her when she demands it, can stop a whole afternoon of 'irritating moaning'. She doesn't care about my schedule and I think she might actually get bored sometimes! It's a fun switch that has happened and it's time for me to adapt. Even as I type this, she is 'calling' me from her bedroom, "naptime is over Mommy!". I better be quick.

Hope is having an unusual day today, with a lot of half smiles and quite a few little noises. We aren't decreasing the meds anymore because the seizures became too intense. She's usually pretty relaxed and 'blank', or just sleepy looking.

For the Physiotherapy appointment this week, the girls were both awake, which is a bonus that seldom happens. Our physiotherapist had wonderful things to say about the girls which was very encouraging, since I never feel like I do enough with them. It's exciting to see an 'observers' view of the progress, because I rarely notice any improvement.
Here are some pics from the physiotherapy appointment this week...



No comments: