Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Clothes

Dressing Mira in Ashley and Hope's clothes always gets me remembering.  Mira wore this cute little green outfit on Sunday, and I remember how much I loved that outfit when Ashley first got it.

Mira has a little cold, so I couldn't get her to take the thumb out of her mouth, but you can see her anyway...



After Ashley started having seizures at 2 months old, we spent some time in the hospital trying to get them under control, but eventually went home with seizures that would cycle in clusters lasting up to an hour.  The MRI had shown that her brain was too small, 'not enough white matter and not enough grey matter'.  I remember sitting there in a stunned silence as they tried to explain to us what the MRI picture meant.  I clearly recall thinking, "...just tell me if she's going to live or die.".

Leaving the hospital after that admission, we brought home our baby and left behind our hopes and dreams.

Ashley's seizures fluctuated constantly.  In the summer or 2006, when she was wearing the green outfit that I was talking about, she was still having a LOT of seizures and a lot of discomfort.  I went looking for pics of Ashley in that outfit and here's what I found...





Brodie was such a good sport with the picture taking.  My cousin, Katie, took these photos for me.  We kept pausing while Ashley would have a seizure, and then we would try again for another picture (we have about 12 more of these).  I was trying so hard for a smile from Ashley.  Now I am just so glad to have these photos, even with no smiles, because it shows Ashley just as she was.  Ooooh, I could just squeeze her, she was so cute!

2 comments:

Lauren Casavechia said...

i created a blog in hopes that for any other asld families they would be able to find me.Thank u for always emailing me back. thank u for your prayers. All you said is so true! Its getting rough.

Elise said...

That's the Brodie that I remember so well!