Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Hope's Day


One year ago today, we held Hope for the last time.  Her hair was braided, she was wearing her beautiful, handmade, dress that reminded me of a rainbow.  We wrapped her in her special blanket and wondered how we could let her go.  And then we watched as the long, black vehicle slowly drove away down our street.  Even now, I get tears in my eyes when I see a funeral car.

We are so grateful to the show of support at Hope's funeral, and for the meals and cards and emails and donations.  Thank you to everyone.

We just cried a few tears as we watched Hope's funeral slideshow, and now we're heading over to the cemetary as a family.  The memorial stone isn't there yet, but will be in about a month.  I hope you're able to watch the slideshow and remember our beautiful Hopey with us.

Love,
Jolene & Alex

4 comments:

elvira said...

I don t know what drew me to your blog today but am so blessed that I did. Very beautiful pictures of Hope, thank you for this! Crying tears for you but also thankful Hope is enjoying heaven!
Praying for you all today! Love you
Aunt Elvira

Katie said...

Hey guys,
I am thinking of you all and am remembering little Hopey today.
I'm so glad I got to watch your slideshow last year with you and see where your girls rest side by side.
It's been another long, hard year for you and I'm sincerely hoping that after today the despairing grief gives way to some fond memories of fun times that arose despite the chaos. Take care.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful little girl!
Can't wait to see you dancing and singing in heaven,
Love you Hopey!
Kyla

Anonymous said...

When ever I feel it's time to tune into your blog, I find another posting. God Bless you & your family as you move forward.

Prayers
Brenda & Ken