Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween

Halloween had some added fun this year.  I've never spent money on a baby costume before and this year I did.  Wow, was it ever fun to dress Mira up in her little butterfly costume (which we found on sale of course).  She was so cute and squishy and cuddly.  Too fun!
 Brodie was a storm trooper (Star Wars again).  This is the first year that he got really excited about running to each house.  It was fun to see.
 We carved some pumpkins that we had left from Grandma and Grandpa.

Ashley and Hope didn't get to join in the fun this year.  We have been given a little extra "out-of-home" respite and they were gone for the weekend.  This made it easy to get out and see some friends.  Ashley and Hope had a good Halloween at their respite home.  Ashley had some excitement.  She lost her two front teeth while she's away.  So, she'll look different when I go pick her up.

Alex started a new job last week and today I drove him to the airport for a work trip to Canmore for the week.  On our way to the airport we were rear-ended, and now I have a head-ache!  It was just a minor little bump because we were stuck in traffic, but still rather annoying.  My neck stiffened up and I got a headache immediately, so I took myself and Mira to the chiropractor.  Mira was all strapped in her carseat, so hopefully she wasn't jolted too badly.  The other driver was probably on his cell-phone, because traffic was barely moving and all the sudden we felt/heard a big bang.  Sillyness!  Mira started crying immediately, and I let out a yell from the surprise of it.  Then the neck stiffens and the headache started.  Here we go again, I thought to myself.  Alex was rubbing his neck too, so I'll have to call him tonight and see how he feels.

5 comments:

Elise said...

Crazy winnipeg drivers!! I'm sorry to hear this happened, you guys seem to have bad luck with accidents. Sounds like you had a great halloween weekend. I loved Mira's costume!

Kim said...

Bummer about getting rear-ended. Make sure you tell MPI that you had a carseat or carseats (even without kids in them) so that they can be replaced. They will re-imburse you after you buy them! Good luck, I hope you don't get too sore.

Oh and Mira is just too darn cute!

Karin said...

Hi Jolene,

I just got all caught up on your blog and know that I need to call you to catch up. I have been holding off - hoping that everyone is adjusting the the new routine of having beautiful Mira in the house. What a blessing she is. Sorry to hear about the accident. I hope your headache and whiplash goes away quickly. I will try to call you this week.

Anonymous said...

Mira looks adorable. She reminds me of an Anne Geddes picture. So sorry to hear about your little car accident. I have also had a couple of whip lash injuries so know all about the sore neck and headache. Hope everybody is improving quickly. Take care.
Marie McConnell

Anonymous said...

love the little cutie pie - Mira. She looks so adorable in that outfit. Sorry to hear of your accident, are things getting better? Been thinking of you so much, Madelaine