Thursday, November 17, 2011

Family pics

Instead of snapping some pics on my own, I decided to ask someone to take our family photos this year.  We decided to have them taken at the cemetary.


Hope and Ashley were buried at St. Vital cemetary.  We're waiting till next summer to place a stone for them, so I had sunflowers at their graves.  Unfortunately, if you go there now, you won't find them because I was asked to remove the sunflowers for winter 'clean-up'.  Sigh...


Kim Olfert was our photographer (kimolfertphotography.com), and I met her through a friend.  When I found out that she knew our girls, through the blog, then I knew we were in the right hands (and wondered again at the 'coinicidences' that remind us, we are cared for).  It was a special moment for us, as we had our first family photos taken that would document our smaller family.  Kim helped us make it a positive experience, and the results were wonderful.




The adjustment continues and I would say that we're doing well.  We're happy to have visitors now, and accept invitations, but I'm managing my time carefully.  I still appreciate a good amount of quiet, home time to deal with the fluctuating emotions.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely photos.

Deanna

Madelaine said...

love the photos, and appreciate your thoughts, Jolene. Love you and thinking of you.....

Anonymous said...

These pictures are very special. So glad you posted, you continue to be in our thoughts and prayers. love Anita

Elise said...

Beautiful pictures, Jolene. As always, I have to say how big and grown up Brodie looks! He will always be my special little guy. Lots of love and prayers!

Michelle W. said...

What a great idea! Pictures are so important. They look beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful family pics.

Brenda & Ken

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures. I haven't been on your blog for a while as I have found myself going through a fairly difficult time. I am feeling my loss more the last few months than I did shortly after Morley passed away. I have been told that everyone grieves on their own time and in their own way. You are often in my thoughts and I am sure your two children are bringing you some wonderful new memories.
Marie McConnell

elvira said...

Love, love the pictures, Jolene!
Great idea and thanks for sharing.
praying for you....

Dana Nichelini said...

The pictures are so beautiful! Thinking of you always.

Love,
Dana