Sunday, August 2, 2009

Reflection

The girls are doing well and life has a nice rhythm right now. Summer has been good to us and I've been grateful for many blessings, but I always wonder what's around the corner. Although the girls are not expected to live a long life, there is no imminent worries, and we are able to relax a bit. This week has been one of reflection because a little boy named Noah, went home to Jesus.



Noah had a beautiful, bright smile and his joy was contagious. Reading his blog, and the comments from others, one can tell that he touched many people. I know from a friend that his passing impacted the staff at Children's hospital, where he spent a lot of his life. I wanted to mention him, because he is significant. Children with special needs are sometimes seen as a burden, but as a parent of 'special' children, I hope that people can see past the work involved. The child still deserves a hug or a smile or a cuddle, the same as any other child. It is encouraging when others recognize the 'gift' in our children and the value of their presence.



Thank you, Nichole for sharing your journey over the years. I imagine the emptyness you must feel with Noah gone, as I have often wondered how it would feel for me, when the girls pass on. I've placed the link to Noah's blog on this page.

1 comment:

the NC Froese's said...

Hi Jolene,

We had heard that Noah passed away and I have been thinking of them and you lots over the past week. Life is so much of how we view things...burden or gift is much a matter of perspective. I have so much respect for both you and Alex as well as Brad and Nichole for the way you love and nurture your children.