Tuesday, April 6, 2010

News!!!

So...we've had another unexpected occurance in our lives. We are pregnant again! Due in September!

We didn't plan on getting pregnant, in fact, we were very careful to avoid it. We realize that many people will think we're 'idiots' for "allowing" this to happen, but we can't stop them from thinking what they will. Apparently God's plan is more powerful than ours. It's taken a bit of time to adjust to the idea. Despite that, we are feeling very blessed by God's gift to us and we are feeling a lot of hope and joy at the potential change this child will bring to our family.

We are anticipating that some reactions will not be positive and we hope to encourage everyone to be joyful for us. I wonder if everyone realizes that although our lives our quite 'different' because of our girls, it is our normal. We've lived these ups and downs for years now, and it really has become normal. We still enjoy wonderful days, evenings out, playdates with friends and hockey games with Brodie. We aren't discouraged when others talk of their 'normal', in fact we just join in and talk about our 'normal'. What I'm trying to say is...'Don't feel bad for us'...and please don't 'cringe' at the thought of another 'burden'. This baby will be a blessing whether it is healthy or not.

The girls have been a blessing in our lives, despite the obvious challenges. It has become increasingly clear that our purpose here on earth is not to seek pleasure or succeed or even to be happy, but instead to love. And the girls, in particular, have taught us how to love unconditionally. They give nothing in return, and yet loving them is a blessing. My day is fulfilled when I give, but I am often feeling deprived when I focus on what I have not been given. It seems that we have to learn this lesson over and over again in life. I know I'm sounding preachy...sorry about that. Hope I didn't bore you, but it's hard to put into words and I really feel that some people 'hurt' for us, and I want to put them at ease. We have a healthy relationship (obviously), an active, healthy son, two beautiful, cuddly daughters, a safe home (adapted for our needs) and a wonderful support network.

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a testimony you and Alex have been to us and many others who read your blog.We rejoice with you as you look forward to yet more blessings this child will bring into your lives.

Kristen said...

As a quiet reader of your blog for almost a year now, I am thrilled for you. While many people feel bad for us that our daughter passed away at six months I consider it nothing but an honor to have carried her, cared for her and now keep her memory alive. We wish you nothing but happiness and love.

Anonymous said...

Congrats to all of you!!! That is very exciting. How lucky this baby will be to come into such a loving family.

C & T

Alisa said...

Gosh you leave out all the details! When are you due? how are you feeling? Any morning sickness? Will you find out the gender?????

Congratulations! I wish you a happy, healthy pregnancy and a baby that fills your heart with joy!

Jolene said...

Too funny! I've been feeling great, just a bit of morning sickeness in the beginning. I was having trouble sleeping b/c of the nausea, but the diclectin has helped that. We definitely won't find out the gender (apparently we like surprises!).

Anonymous said...

"It has become increasingly clear that our purpose here on earth is not to seek pleasure or succeed or even to be happy, but instead to love."
Jolene, I love that! I have been really learning that in my own relationship with God lately. That He never promised life would be easy and good and PERFECT. He just promised He would never leave us. And I'm sooooo happy to hear how the girls have taught you so much about love and GIVING. Thank you for being such a wonderful role model. I just love so much about you and how you live your life. Thank you for being you and never change!!!! XO

love,
Camille
p.s. we are so happy for you! And look forward to seeing you in July!

Darcy, Wendy, Brianna, Luke, Jackson, Kaitie said...

Congratulations! You are such an inspiration. Hoping that you'll be able to enjoy your pregnancy, and praying for a very content little baby!
We, too, are now a family of six, little Kaitlyn is only 2 1/2 weeks old, and we're all loving having a baby around again!
Blessings on your day . . .

Wendy Ens

Anonymous said...

Jolene and Alex
Having come to know you and your family over the past year I know that you have a wonderful outlook and much love to share. I know that you and your family will be blessed with your loving family. I will keep all of you in my thoughts and prayers.
Marie McConnell

Anonymous said...

Oh Jolene - you teach us so much. I just love the way you don't want people to feel sorry for you. We really don't - and I just think your children are so very blessed to have you as a mom!( and also Alex as a dad)!! You have such a beautiful heart, and it's a joy to see what God has brought into your life. I'm excited for what is ahead for all of you!! How special!!

Anonymous said...

Oops, sorry that's me! Madelaine

Anonymous said...

I would certainly understand that coming to the reunion would be overwhelming, in terms of all you need to get ready! So we would understand, but we sure would love to have you there!! It wouldn't be the same without JOLENE!!! and her laughs!! love you, Madelaine

Kim said...

Congratulations on your exciting news. May you feel the presence of God as you marvel at the life growing in you. This baby, already loved, will be part of your family as God intended. Blessings!

Alison said...

I look at the lovely photos of you cuddling your precious girls........and can only think that you are simply adding another person to love to your family. I wish you all the best for a healthy pregnancy and joy while you await the birth of your newest blessing.

Susan said...

How blessed you are! Congratulations!

Terra said...

Hi Jolene! I was a neighboor of Kathleen Freeman's at Stephenfield and I met you a couple of times. I often asked how you were doing and she told me about your blog and I have been a frequent visitor. I love reading your updates and seeing pictures of your beautiful family. I keep you and your family in my prayers. Congratulations! This baby will be so lucky to join your family.

Anonymous said...

Congrats!! I read your blog all the time Jolene, (from down here in California!) but rarely comment..but THIS NEWS definitely calls for a comment :)
Congrats to you and your family!!
Sandie

Elise said...

What an amazing post, Jolene. I am so happy for you and happy to see your joy and thanksgiving. Your attitude about life is such a testimony and blessing. Can't wait to see your family grow!

Anonymous said...

Jolene, we are so happy for all of you!!! Your family has such amazing strength and love...this new little one will be truly blessed to become part of your lives.
We look forward to all the continued family updates!
Hugs,
Sally & Jason

Anonymous said...

Your attitude about life is one that I admire. Your children are beautiful, and you are awesome parents. I know you will love this baby SO much. Will be praying for many blessings. Got a chuckle out of your comment that you have a good relationship "obviously". Keep your great sense of humor!
Love Lila

Joan said...

we are very thankful as well for all the positive comments, babies are gifts from God, and should not be taken for granted as most of u know. We will be looking forward to 2 new babies this summer :)

Nichole said...

Wow!! You definately surprised me!!Congrats to you all! I know this baby will be loved as all your children are. I completely get it...you know I do. If I could have another child like Noah, I would do it all again in a heartbeat...and again and again. Nothing brought us more joy. What a blessing, no matter what anyone may think or say.

auntyanita said...

Congratulations Alex and Jolene, We wish you all best during your pregnancy and beyond. Love you.

Jen Manitowich said...

Jolene I just wnated to let you know how moved I was by your comments. You are the most wonderful person in the world! Congrats to you and your family for your wonderful news. I can't wait to hear more.

JEN (from Kenora)