Friday, October 14, 2011

Dirty white pants...

When Hope was born, we recieved this sweet little outfit of white pants and a pink summer top.  I remember thinking that no 'seasoned' mother would bother with white pants on a crawling baby, but for my girl who won't crawl, it would be just fine (sigh...).


Well, now I have a little girl who can wear those same white pants, and she loves to crawl.  In fact, she does a great job of getting those white pants all dirty.  Would you be surprised to know that I was thrilled to put those white pants on her and take her outside to 'break-them-in'?


Take that...white pants!  I've got a baby girl who can crawl!


Can you feel my joy, my wonder, and even my laughter at my silliness?


Now, if only I could get her attention away from Brodie's water gun...


Ahhhh, there we go.  That's the smile I was hoping for!

5 comments:

joan said...

oooh... wonderful pictures, Mira looks so grownup sitting reading a book on the train, glad Alex took his family with him on his business trip!
loved seeing the coomparison pictures of Hope and Mira, what blessings God has given us :)

the NC Froese's said...

This post brought such a smile to my face! I can barely wear white anything never mind the putting white on the kids! So sweet that those pants are both memories for the past & hope for the future.

Love ya!
Ange

Elise said...

Adorable! I had a good giggle at this post, Jolene. I'm so glad you can smile and experience this newness with Mira. What a blessing.

Anonymous said...

I love the story of the white pants. I remember my Mom putting me in white pants (i was much older) and i so loved those white bell bottom pants!!I have been praying for you as i read the blogs and when i go to bed. You are awesome. Anita

Anonymous said...

You put a smile on my face.
Still praying for you.

Brenda K.