Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Brodie's Journal

While Brodie was at Grandma and Grandpa Neufeld's, he made a journal of all the fun things he did. He was excited to show all of us, the photo's and pictures he drew. But my favorite, was when I walked in to see him reading to Hope about his fun time in Killarney.

The girls are doing well enough. Hope saw the Neurologist today, who agreed that she is looking rather 'doped up'. So, we are decreasing the Clonazepam even though her seizures are not anywhere close to controlled. She's still having 5-7 minute clusters of seizures every hour. We're also increasing the Gabapentin some more, because she's still crying in the evenings (only for about an hour, which isn't too bad at all). Another change is that we'll start giving her Melatonin at bedtime, to help her fall asleep. It's rare to see her fall asleep before 10pm, but tonight after I gave the Melatonin, she was asleep in 30 minutes (we'll see if this actually continues or not).

We're loving the cuddles from Hope and the smiles from Ashley. Best part of today? Brodie walked in the door after school and announced, "Quick Mom, get my bike, I have to go to Avery's for the Hot Chocolate stand...no really, I can go by myself." Yeah, right. Luckily, I had Miranda, so we 'grabbed' our bikes and went for a 20 minute bike ride to buy a 1 minute hot chocolate!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Brodie will remember those extra efforts of 'going with his enthusiam,way to go mom'!