Thursday, June 25, 2009

Summer days


We've had some lovely summer days, and now we're hoping to have a nice weekend in Killarney at my sister's place. Hopefully it works out to travel tommorrow.


We had a good week. Hope is a little more alert with the decrease in clonazepam and it is so fun to see. Ashley is still smiling and Brodie is finishing up school.


Last Friday morning, after I had cancelled the contract with the respite worker, I felt a little depressed that I would be on my own for an unknown amount of time. God had a different plan. Friday night, I recieved an email from Miranda (#1 respite worker), saying that her trip is cancelled and would I have any shifts for her!!! Perfect. She was able to help us three days this week, and with two of those days booked for appointments we were very grateful. So, we've got a bit of help for the summer and then we'll be looking for someone to start in September when she leaves.


Small blessings bring great relief.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Jolene
So glad to hear that you have reliable and trustworthy help over the summer. God truly takes care of His children, doesn't He?

Joe and Meredith said...

God's amazing plan lifts me up. We've not used clonazepam to date. Tried it in the hospital and Katelyn wouldn't wake enough to eat/breathe.