Saturday, September 4, 2010

still sick...

Yep, Hope is still sick.  She hasn't kept anything down today and she's having horrible seizures and vomitting old blood (as expected/predicted). 

But I actually snuck away for the day.  My wonderful husband suggested that I could still go to the conference today if we asked our repite worker to stay until he got back from his ball game (which was the only game he had today, luckily), and then he would stay with the kids for the rest of the day.  It meant rearranging the hours for respite a bit, but Ashley (our respite worker) was wonderful and said 'yes'.  So I left this morning, and just got back now at 10:40pm, a long but inspiring day.  It was the annual Marian Conference.  There were many wonderful speakers, but I was touched most by the personal account of healing that came only after the individual learned to offer up her suffering to Christ.  Exactly what I needed to remember!  Our suffering need not be for nothing, we can offer it up to glorify God.  Only He can make good come of it.

Thank you so much for the encouragement through email and comments here on the blog. 

No comments: