Friday, September 3, 2010

Hope is sick again!!!

Well, I have to admit that I am feeling a little down right now.  I've been feeling so great this pregnancy that I had made plans to take the girls with me to a conference this weekend, all by myself.  Alex will be busy with his fastball tournament, and I didn't have enough hours left to get respite for the whole weekend.  I thought it would be fun to listen to the speakers while I held the girls.  Tonight's fiasco reminded me why I don't take the girls very many places.

We packed up the whole family to go watch Alex play fastball tonight.  Ashley didn't just moan, she full out cried, for 90% of the evening.  Hope sputtered and gurgled, but I thought she was doing okay.   Brodie had fun playing with the other kids.   Then the sun went down and the mosquitoes attacked!  What was I thinking???  Ashley cried the whole ride home, and then Hope started puking... A LOT! 

If I'm going to complain...I might as well go the whole distance.  I'm 38 weeks pregnant and for the first time, my back and hips are aching like crazy.  What was I thinking?   I can't take the girls out for two full days on my own.  Crazy.  Well, obviously I am going NOWHERE  now that Hope is puking.  As most of you know, she will now start a series of violent vomitting episodes during which we will see her stop peeing from lack of fluids, start seizing almost constantly from lack of meds (because nothing stays down), and eventually the vomitt will be bloody from constant puking.   And then I'll be depressed from watching it happen all over again.

So...now I've unloaded and I'm staring at this post wondering about the wisdom of sharing it.  I suppose I'll share it and trust you all to understand that 'yes' I have my ups and downs, and that's okay.

5 comments:

Helen from MICU said...

And here I was thinking you had it made getting your sod down before the rains came! Hang in there and thanks for posting. You're amazing!

Anonymous said...

Jolene, you have every right to 'unload".It is just a reminder to us, that we need to keep praying.You just keep looking up.Do you have any idea what an inspiration your posts are to your readers, whether you have good days or bad? Will be sending extra prayers up for you to see you through this again. Love John and Helen

Kristen said...

Oh Jolene! Try to take some deep breaths. I really Hope gets through her episode quickly and that you find some time to relax. The end of a pregnancy is always difficult and you have every right to complain. Even when we go through life trying to be grateful for everything, it can still get pretty overwhelming. Sending love, strength, and prayers your way,

Elise said...

Glad you shared, Jolene. It helps us all know what to pray about for you!

Elise said...
This comment has been removed by the author.