Monday, April 11, 2011

Hoping for Hope

Hope is following her usual pattern and looking better today.  I gave her morning meds very, very slowly and then set up the pump to deliver a steady (but slow) drip of water into her stomach.  She is sooo dehydrated right now.  Now, we wait for a wet diaper and then I'll breath easily again.

I told Alex yesterday, that Hope seems smaller.  It looks to me, like she has shrunk (he laughed at me).  Her cute little head seems smaller, her rib cage is sunken in and her limbs are loosing that nice plump look.  Of course, that makes sense with all that she's been through since Christmas.  I don't like this 'fading away', and I'm still hoping that I can get her to tolerate more food so that I can 'plump' her up again.  Hoping for Hope, that's what I'm doing.  Hoping that I'm wrong about this downhill spiral.

It's so nice and quiet in the house today.  I have had my cuddles with Hope and Mira.  Brodie is off to school with his 'vehicle' that he made for his science project.  Music is playing and I have time to think and pray.  It is a good day.

Mira is starting to sit up.  Her favorite thing to do is slap at things.  She is not a gentle girl.  She's got some power to her.  I can see already that we'll have fun getting to know her as her personality comes out.  Mira had some help learning to sit, from her cousin Teagan who is a very polite and smiley little role model...


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Adorable pictures. I love Brodie's glasses! He looks so grown up to me. - Elise

Judith said...

Oh Hopey! - your parents are not ready for you to be giving them such a scare. They haven't begun yet to deal with Ashley's leaving the nest so hang in there little one!

I often find myself thinking of you during the day, Jolene (always moms think of other moms - funny huh? - I guess we relate better/more). Don't feel bad about not "performing" - you guys NEED this time to regroup (as a family and maybe even as a couple), re-energize and relax!!

Hoping for Hopey, too.

Judith

Nichole said...

Thinking about you. Praying that things can quiet down in your household so you can just catch your breath.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jolene...I don't know whether you'll remember me, but I shall always remember my visit with you at Francia Poulsen's anniversary last summer. On Saturday, at a scrapbooking workshop, Angela L. told me about the arrival of your healthy baby girl (Congratulations!) and the passing of Ashley ( my deepest sympathy).

May God continue to be your comfort and guide. May he bless you richly for the inspiration you were to me.
Liz Enns (Elm Creek, MB)