Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Blue

Well, normally I like the colour blue, but I'm not liking it on Hope.  She's turning blue (mouth, hands, feet) today with her seizures and with each turn.  She's still not waking up.

On the upside, Brodie had a great time at the farm with Grandma and Grandpa Allen.  Fortunately, he got home in time to see Mira start crawling.  Yay, for Mira.  Not so 'yay' for me, who now has to 'baby proof', and find all the dust bunnies before she does.  Then again, maybe I could just tie swiffer cloths to her knees and let her take care of the floor!  Te He!



Today, I started a list.  Surprise, surprise...I know.  The list is labled, 'Helpers', because I can't seem to remember to ask for help when things get tough, and even if I think to ask, I usually can't think who I should ask (despite the many wonderful people who have offered help over the years).  So, I've started this list, and if you want to be on it, you can email me. 

I am preparing for the difficulty of losing Hope, as you can guess.  I have heard that a second funeral after your child has died, can be double the intensity, and the months following could be a surprising downturn in energy and mood.  Maybe if I expect the worst, then it won't happen.  Either way, it doesn't hurt to let people know that there may be a need that they could fill.

9 comments:

Judith said...

Hoping that Hope is comfortable while she goes through this. It doesn't seem possible that such a squealing, happy little girl at 6-7 months should now be enduring (and has been enduring) all of this.
I like the idea of attaching swiffers to Mira's knees - you could just tell everyone their "pillowy-soft" knee pads!
Nat sure had fun with Brodie - especially on the trampoline!

Anonymous said...

If you ever need us for anything - we're here.
Love Sally & family

Madelaine said...

thinking of you and especially Hope so very much.....

the NC Froese's said...

Oh Jo. What to say other than I am thinking of you & praying for you tonight.

Talk to you tomorrow.

Ange

donita said...

Please put our family on your helping list! We can drive to hockey, clean, make meals, bake, childcare, listen, pray, cry etc. etc.

the Reimer family

Anonymous said...

If there's anything you or Alex need, feel free to let us know>

John and Anna Sawicz

Dana said...

I can have dinner delivered to you anytime you need it; just let me know when and from what restaurant. As many times as you need, we would love to help. My heart hurts for you and Hope. I am so sorry Jolene.

Lots of love and hugs,

Dana Nichelini

Anonymous said...

Oh Jolene,
My initial reaction to this is - it's not fair. It is not fair that Hope has to go through this, she is such a beautiful girl. It is not fair that you have to go through this - again. BUT....somewhere in all this there is some beauty. Beauty in all the lives that are touched by your stories and experiences - as raw and trying as they may be. Beauty for the love that you have for your family and for Hope and Ashley with all the challenges they encounter. Beauty for understanding that there are many things that we can not control - so just love and let god look after the rest.

I am here for you - any way you need me.
Karin

Anonymous said...

Jolene I wish I lived closer to be able to help more but please add me to your list even it is you needing nothing more than to vent.
Tou and yours are always in my thoughts.
Marie McConnell