Friday, December 9, 2011

Hugs

I want to say thank you to everyone who sent me emails and left comments here on the blog.  You helped me walk through the sadness and hurt that I was dealing with this week, and I am so grateful.  The hugs were felt...thank you!

When I spoke of what was going on in my head, and how people would say I was doing well, I was speaking of the past when I felt I was just barely hanging on.  It was always good to hear that someone thought I was doing well, and it was probably what kept me going, because I needed the encouragement.  It is only now, when I look back, that I can see the struggle so clearly.  And now, I wonder why I didn't let people help me more.  But then, I always felt like I was in the 'eye of the storm' and barely able to see in front of me, much less figure out how to ask for help.  The offers were always there, I just didn't always know how to direct people. 

Over the years there have been so many helping hands that encouraged us, and I want to thank you.  Meals, babysitting, dainties, and picking up groceries, were incredibly helpful.  I don't want anyone to get the impression that we were on our own through this.  The truth is, I still struggled but it's amazing how many times I thought I would lose it, and then someone would phone, or send a meal, or encourage me with a note.  We were never alone, and that's why the we could find the joy in the journey.  Forgive me for having to share the hurt in the journey, and thank you for letting me.

In the midst of all this emotion this week, I have found incredible joy in Brodie and Mira.  Mira is trying to take some steps, and every time the music comes on, she starts bouncing.  It's great fun...


4 comments:

elvira said...

That is so cute Jolene!! :)what adorable kids you have...... and I'm really glad you can share all this. Keep doing it!

Anonymous said...

Jolene and Alex--we too have been praying that this "first" Christmas will give you a feeling of peace and Happiness "in spite of" You have been such a tremedous testimony to all who have followed your blog,and I'm sure that all of us continue to cry with you in your difficult days and rejoice with you in your better days.And remember, the times when you feel that you don't even know how or what to pray, let all of us pray you through. God understands. Love and Hugs from Johnny and Helen

Anonymous said...

Hi Jolene! Mira is so adorable!! I'm glad you keep sharing on the blog; I've been praying for all of you and miss you guys so much!
Love, Kayla

Anonymous said...

Isn't it true, that even in the most difficult times, there is still tremendous joy to be found! Love that booty shake Mira :)

Sally