Thursday, October 16, 2008

EEG yesterday


Yesterday, Hope was hooked up to the EEG machine for about five hours while I pushed a button every time I saw a seizure (and then I wrote down a description). Which means that the new plan of not paying attention to the seizures, was out the window by 0830. I was pushing that button every three minutes at least.


The purpose of the EEG was to confirm what is and what is not a seizure. The result is that she has A LOT of seizures, and I should just go back to the plan of not paying attention to them, unless she is bothered by them.


She's still very snuffly and coughing a lot. She sounds and looks pretty sick, hopefully this cold will go away soon. She's still drinking from the bottle sometimes, but I'm using the NG (tube in the nose) for meds.


Hope I have some smiles to report soon.

1 comment:

The Pouteau's said...

I see so much resemblance to Leah in today's photo - beautiful. God's speed to you all as you try to find that "new normal". Love the updates - check often and thanks so much for sharing - sure makes the miles feel like inches.