Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Rehab for Children



We spent the afternoon at Rehab for Children today. It's our favorite place to go for a 'girly' outing. In other words, it's a great outing for me and the girls and our favorite place for appointments. They scheduled all six appointments in one day, so we could see everyone in one shot. Feeding issues, equipment reviews and orthopedic evaluations take place. It's often encouraging and rather exciting to see all the exciting things they can develop to enhance the lives of our little angels. For Ashley, they're helping me with footwear issues, she has no ankle support in her stander. For Hope, they showed me the cutest little 'walker' that she might be able to use once she outgrows the excersaucer. I can't remember if they called it a pommel or a pony, but she sits in it and has torso and head support. When she kicks with her feet she would wheel herself backward (watch out Brodie). Hope will also be scheduled for a G-tube like Ashley's. She can still eat from a bottle with it, and we'll be able to give her meds without her choking.


Both girls were perfect little angels for the day of appointments, even though it meant missing their naps. I was hoping this would mean early bedtime, but no. It's a tradition to clean up some puke every evening.


During the day, I always say that Hope is doing rather well. In the evening, she just has a hard time, and that's when it's obvious that she's not so well. I think I witnessed a new seizure this evening. It was the first time I've been scared by the look of her seizure (till now they have been subtle). Then she projectile vomitted right at me and promptly fell asleep. This is why I go to her first in the morning, I'm just not sure what I'll find.

No comments: