Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Crazy Hair

The girls are doing great.  Check out Ashley's crazy hair!  I plopped her in her chair and that's how her hair fell (it's resting on her school backpack).  This is where I 'style' her hair in the morning.  She sits in the chair and I get to have fun with barretts and braids!  My sister will be glad I'm not experimenting on her anymore.  When we were kids I would braid Kyla's hair for hours (the longest time stint was 3 hours, after which she refused to let me get near her with a brush).


As you can see below, Hope is still in the crib.  She is a VERY long girl and we really need to figure out the next bed plan!  We're just not sure what the best plan is, since we can't fit two beds in that room.  The original plan (when we built the house) was that Hope would eventually take over Brodie's room and Brodie would move downstairs.  But now we have Mira to think of, and it appears that Brodie and Mira will share a room.  So Ashley and Hope need to continue sharing a room.  Hmmm, I'll keep thinking about it...


Mira took a bottle from Alex the other day...yippee!  Apparently she will only take a bottle if I am not in the house, and Alex is the only person she will take it from!

6 comments:

Kim said...

Love the crazy hair. My daughter Mattea has wild hair on a daily basis. She likes it when her dad is home because then it does not get combed.

Judith said...

Love the sticky note propped next to Mira!!! Hope you are all doing great - is it possible for the girls to sleep in the same bed??

Jolene said...

I have had them sleep together in the past. Now they are bigger and their seizures move their arms and legs violently. So they would have to have a lot of space in between them. I'm actually thinking of building a double bed that is waist high for them (so we don't have to bend over too much when caring for them). Alex and I measured and we think it would fit in the room.

Judith said...

That sounds like a good idea ..... and if it is high enough you could put clothes, etc. in drawers or shelves underneath. I can see where you wouldn't want one disturbing the other if they are having seizures (or inuring them unintentionally!). Get Grandpa's grey matter involved in devising something - he's come up with some ingenious inventions!

Elise said...

What a cutie pie!

Joan said...

hi from Texas, happy to hear the girls are doing well. My sister also used to let me brush her hair when we were young girls, she had thick, long, chestnut colored hair.
Mira looks so cute sitting in a chair! Give Brodie hugs & kisses from Gramma :)