Monday, June 13, 2011

Bumpy ride

Wow, this is a bumpy ride that we're on.  Hope had a great day today.  She had 4 wet diapers.  Her breathing was much, much better and her lips were not blue.  I took her outside for evening cuddle time and she did great. 

We're experiencing the 'dips' that come when a child has a fatal illness.  Perhaps you remember a while ago when I talked about these 'dips', before Ashley died.  Palliative Care informed us that we may see numerous 'dips' where Hope is gravely ill, and then she'll bounce back because she's a child and still has quite a bit of reserve.  One of these 'dips' will be the end (the reserve will be gone), but we might not know which one, and I'm trying hard not to obsess about predicting the end. 

No predicting or guessing...just loving and holding and family time.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Jolene, you and Alex are amazing parents and you have such a beautiful family. I love the pictures of Hope watching Mira, your girls are so precious! I love reading your blog, I think about you everyday. You are so blessed even in the thick of it all. (I also love the pictures of Mira & Teagan, they're both so cute!) Take care, love Tracy

Anonymous said...

Once again I am at a loss for my own words of encouragement; only scripture; "Trust in the Lord with all your heart"; which I know you & Alex have done many times. The sun is shining-have a Blessed day with your family.

Prayers Brenda & Ken

Anonymous said...

Love you guys! Always praying and thinking of you,
-Elise

Madelaine said...

Love the quilt the girls are lying on. Must be the one your mom made for you :) Special girls you have! We're praying for you.

Jolene said...

Thanks, Aunt Madelaine. This quilt is the one that Alex's mom made as a gift for our wedding. It is beautiful.