Monday, December 29, 2008

Not too exciting.


Brodie gave the girls a big hug for the Christmas gift they gave him (good thing I thought of that). Ashley is still doing great and we're all having some lovely down time after the excitement. The best part of today was watching Brodie have fun outside with our neighbour's daughter.

Looking at Hope, I get a little depressed. She's content in the mornings and sometimes you see the hint of a smile and an occasional coo. But the crying starts earlier every day. It's been 5pm to 8 or 9pm for the most part, and then yesterday it started at 3pm. Some days she can be slightly comforted by holding or a soother, but usually the holding just makes the crying worse. I can't seem to stop trying to comfort her. Inevitably, my cuddles and songs make things worse and I have to put her down and let her cry. I miss my smiling Hope.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brodie is so sweet to give his sisters such nice hugs-a nice Christmas memory for you and Alex. I am so sorry that Hope isn't doing well, I can't imagine how it must feel to know there is nothing you can do to comfort her.
Thinking of you so many miles away.
Dana

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Jolene and everyone, I just wanted to tell you that your Holiday Card is priceless and I have played it for everyone in our household. I hope your mornings continue to be enjoyable and that the good part of the day gets longer and longer until it stretches to tomorrow. Sending you happy thoughts, love and laughter for your whole family.
Warm regards- Lorraine