Thursday, November 12, 2009

Hope is sick

I know it's been a while, I had meant to update this blog on Sunday. Unfortunately, I was sick, and now Hope is sick. She's been vomitting since yesterday, same as last time. She has horrible retching and vomitting that leads to puke that is full of old blood (likely because all the vomitting causes little tears in her esophagus). She hasn't kept any meds down of course, not even a tiny little bit, she just pukes up everything I put in her tube. I'll just wait it out, same as before.

Ashley seems fine, and Brodie puked on the bus yesterday. He doesn't think he should take the bus anymore, it leads to vomitting!! I told him that he can't have snacks on the bus anymore, he's probably 'car sick'. Now he wants to be picked up from school everyday (and no wonder, his bus ride home is 90 minutes!).

I'm still pretty sick myself, so I'm hoping to feel better soon. Nasty stuff going around.

3 comments:

Joan said...

hi Jolene & family, Dad & I are praying for everyone to get well, in the meantime i hope u are getting some good sister time with Kyla. Love you

Anonymous said...

Hi Jolene - feel so bad for little Hope. We are praying. Cute that Brodie wants to be picked up. Anyone would want that after a 90 minute bus ride. Oh dear!! But he's a tough guy!

Think of you often, love you so much. Madelaine

Anonymous said...

Hi Jolene,
We are praying for your family too.It must be so hard to look after sick children when you are sick too. We will pray that God restores health and strength to all of you soon.Think of you often

Johnny & Helen