Saturday, January 31, 2009

Happy Birthday to me


It's my birthday, so I got to sleep in this morning. Here is my 'morning face' with my two happy kids who were able to sit with me while I opened presents (Hope is still sick). I've had a fun morning on the phone, drinking my starbucks that Alex was kind enough to get for me.


Hope is having a hard morning. Vomitting every 15 minutes this morning, and now settled down to every 30-40 minutes. Unfortunately, her meds are not staying down, and she's puking up brown stuff which is looking like old blood. She's pretty sick. If she starts puking up bright red blood, we'll take her in to ER. She hasn't opened her eyes since yesterday around 6pm. It's probably good that she's 'resting'. Hope she gets better soon.

4 comments:

Chief, Janice and Keira said...

Happy Birthday Jolene!!

We're thinking of you and hope you have a great day, despite Hopey being so sick. Our thoughts and prayers are with you, Al and the kids. Give them all a big kiss for us!

All our love!!
xoxo

Anonymous said...

Hi Jolene:
Your grandma wants to wish you a happy birthday and so do I.I am really inpressed with your time and dedication that you give to your girls and Brodie.
You are truly an inspiration to alot of people and I keep up with your blogs.
Have a great day today.
Linda P

Elise said...

Happy Birthday Jolene. I hope you have a great day - you deserve it, you are an amazing mom, wife and woman. I love you tons!
We'll be praying that Hope pulls through this.

Anonymous said...

Aw - that's so neat, that you got to sleep in today. And wow - Alex got you a Starbucks. He's so thoughtful. Hope it's been a wonderful day. We'll be praying for Hope....love you. Madelaine