Friday, March 27, 2009

Sunlight


The sunlight is filling the house and it feels great. Despite some unexpected changes we've had some nice days here. Ashley was supposed to go to St. Amant for the first time this week for a three day visit to give us a little respite. After numerous phone calls (the ward is isolated for the flu and I wasn't worried about it), they finally got to the point and asked me why I was sending her when it wasn't recommended. Oops...apparently I didn't read into their phone calls as a warning to stay away. I'm probably the only mom of a special needs kid that isn't afraid of her kid getting sick. Ashley is so healthy that she has always gotten over any illness in a couple days.


So, I ended up with a few days to cuddle all my kids and was happier for it (no respite booked at all and it was a treat to take care of them all by myself). Why should we need a break from Ashley anyway. Brodie started asking me if we were going to send him away and I realized what it must look like from a kids perspective.


Hope still worries me, but there is nothing to be done about it. I cuddle her briefly and frequently because she doesn't handle being up too long, and I often find myself grinning at her, trying to coax a smile out. We do get some cute little coos a couple times a day, but mostly she looks 'dopey'.


Brodie's spring break starts tommorrow and he'll be going out to stay with Grandma and Grandpa in Killarney. He's very excited. Yeah, for Grandma and Grandpa fun!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh, good to hear Ashley is doing so well. We continue to pray for Hope, she looks so cute sleeping there. Glad that Brodie can have some fun at Grandma and Grandpa's, they'll have so much fun with him. And I guess he'll get some time with Titus. He'll love that. Thinking of you often, love Madelaine

Unknown said...

Great week for Brodie, I"m certain that Grandma
will have some wet boots to deal with. Your blog
continues to be a source of "inspiration" to hold
tight to the joys of each day as they unfold.

Brenda & Ken