Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Secretions


It appears that Hope's problem with the carseat is just secretions. Today I ventured out with the girls and tried the Atropine Drops that were prescribed by the Palliative Care doctor. The Atropine Drops go in her mouth and work to dry the oral secretions for about 3 hours.


So, I dressed up the girls, gave Hope her drops and went for lunch. Hope did great. No coughing, no drooping eyes, no bubbling sounds, no foaming/frothing and no rattly chest. I'll have to try it again for a longer trip, but it appears that this may be a solution. Yeah, for doctors who care enough to problem solve with me.


Ashley loved the outing, she smiled the entire time she was in her Aunty Deanna's arms. Very sweet.


Brodie just called me to tell me 'all the fun things he did today'. It sounds like he's having a great time. Alex called too and it sound like he's not having a great time.


I finished painting Ashley's room and now I'm going to take it easy. Ya, right!

4 comments:

Candace said...

Thats great news about Hope!!! Never heard of that before?! Hope we can get together sometime soon.

Nichole said...

Hey Jolene, I'm alone this week too (Brad's in San Diego) and just finished painting Noah's new room! Yes, ceilings are NOT fun!!

Hope this is the answer to Hope's secretion issue. We use glyco for Noah's secretions. Not sure if that's the same thing???

Jolene said...

I've always avoided glycopyrolate for the girls, only because it works systemically and problems with constipation can occur. We have an onging struggle with constipation, so I didn't want more of an issue. The Atropine drops work locally, just in the mouth to dry up secretions for a few hours.

Anonymous said...

I am so happy that something finally worked and all because someone listened to you! Hopefully it continues.

Juliana