Monday, February 21, 2011

Another day

Well, I think this is going to go on for weeks.  Please don't forget about us, this is really hard.  I remember when Ashley was an infant, even before we knew anything was wrong, and I constantly told myself that this child was teaching me patience.  She was so difficult to feed and I had to relax myself and wait till she was ready to lean in and latch on.  Well, the lesson in patience is ongoing.  Apparently, this is not something that I am very quick to learn.

We are in limbo!  Is she getting better?  Is she dying?  I have many moments of peace when I relax and realize that I can be thankful for the 'right now' of holding her and being at home during this uncertainty.  Wouldn't it be awful to be in the hospital?  I'm sure the many prayers for us, are helping us find these peaceful moments and just accept what 'is'!

We hadn't seen a wet diaper in days, and then she filled a diaper to overflowing last night.  Her breathing is regular and a good rate.  But her cough is not that strong and she's not moving anything when she does cough.  Her chest still sounds horrible, especially the right side.  And oddly, she is still very sleepy, completely limp and has had no seizures and no posturing.  This is NOT NORMAL for Ashley.  It's lovely to see her so peaceful though.

So, there it is.  I have no idea what is going on, and I just need to accept that!  I'm going for a walk, I need to get outside for a bit.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been following your blog for a while but have never commented. Thank you for sharing your journey. I have been praying for you and will continue to do so. May God grant you peace during this uncertain time.

Jacquie
FGMB MOMs

Cathy LaFleche said...

You are so much in my thoughts. You are completely in God's hands and His plan is perfection even when we can't see it or we think we know what course life should take. I guess complete surrender is what's in order. Enjoy every second you can with Ashley, His grace is sufficient for us in every circumstance.

Anonymous said...

What a amazing little girl with the most amazing family!!! God bless you all through this difficult. I can't begin to imagine how hard this most be on each and everyone of you.

Tara

Anonymous said...

Thinking about you Constantly, growing in my own
faith, BECAUSE of your strength & courage to share
joys & concerns & fears.

Prayers
Brenda & Ken

Elise said...

I've been praying for peace and contentment in these difficult days. I'm so thankful that Ashley is not in pain, and I'm praying for God's presence in your home.