Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Now Ashley is sick...


This photo was taken last week, when Ashley was doing better.  Right now, she is sick.  She started puking at school yesterday (what is it with all the puke???).  She had some bad seizures, puked some more, had another bad seizure and turned grey and mottled looking.  We got her home, and she did it all again.  Then she went to sleep, was very limp and basically unresponsive.  Then her breathing deteriorated till she was only breathing at rates of 6-8 breaths per minute.  Of course, I was wondering if she would make it through the night at this point.

Well, she did make it to morning and even looked a lot better this morning.  She woke up a bit and was breathing better.  Now, she's sleeping again and working hard to breath.  I'm not sure where this is headed, but I do find it hard to believe she might die.  Especially because my girls often have these 'dips' and then perk up again.  So....we wait...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jolene - thinking of you so much now after reading this post! Sending you a hug across the miles, our prayers are with you and Alex, and especially Ashley!! Love Madelaine

Judith said...

.....saying a little prayer for Ashley that she makes it through yet another (I hate to use the word obstacle!?)..... crisis, struggle .... can't find the right word. She's had so many battles for such a little girl - hugs to you and X and the kids.

Judith

Anonymous said...

Jolene I was talking to Debbie and she had heard about your Ashley from our Ashley. My heart goes out to you and your family. I can't begin to imagine how hard it is to feel there is nothing you can do but be there. One thing I do know is that your girls have been well loved and I believe down deep inside somewhere they know it. I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. God be with you.Marie McConnell

Anonymous said...

praying for you

Brenda & Ken

Anonymous said...

Our thoughts and prayers are with Ashley and all of you.

Love Janice, Darren, and Keira

Joan said...

Hugs from Texas for all of you, We will be home by the 28th of Feb. Happy Birthday Brodie and Ashley! Praying for you.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Ashley,

Thinking of you with prayers and love.

Johnny and Helen

Anonymous said...

Oh Jolene, I didn't get a chance until just now to catch up on the blog and I'm so sad to read about the hard week you've had. We are praying. Love Camille & Andrew