Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Better

Hope is looking good again.  She's still coughing up a lot of yellow secretions and that's a good thing.  I was able to hold her on the deck and listen to the rain, which was great because I was having a 'crying' day.  You may get tired of reading up the 'ups and downs' that Hope endures.  Perhaps you even have a moment of thinking "Oh bother, here we go again".  I sometimes consider leaving it off the blog, but then decide that most people are supporting me through the ups and downs and don't mind hearing about it.  Despite the fact that her vomitting episodes are familiar, they still bring on the same feelings of hopelessness and painful helplessness each time. 

Now that they are coming so often, I'm not finding the time to deal the emotions involved.  Apparently I am a little 'slow' when it comes to processing these emotions, because I always function well in the crisis.  Then I have a couple angry/sad/disgusted/grouchy days about a week after the event.  You may have noticed that I don't broadcast these days on the blog...te he!  I'm sure you can imagine how well this works for me, with the vomitting episodes happening every couple weeks.  I'm rather glad that I have come to the conclusion that I am allowed to be sad, and that I can still function while I'm sad.  I just slow down, play some music and remind myself to put away 'the list'.  I've decided that being sad is just fine, and if I try to avoid it, then I get angry.  It's OKAY to be sad and yes, it always passes.  How could it not, when I have little cuties all over the house...



9 comments:

elvira said...

You do have cuties! And we support you and love to hear about all of it, all the ups and downs, sadness, joys. Thanks for sharing! Love Elvira

Anonymous said...

When we become tired of sharing in others pain and difficulties; we only become selfish & without purpose We support you and feel blessed to be able to be part of your journey With prayers Brenda K.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jolene,
I haven't gotten tired of reading your blog, even if you think you are repeating yourself. I am hoping that the blog helps to ease your pain; even a little bit. I wish I could do more. Keep writing, if you can. I get worried when there's a lull!
Helen M.

Anonymous said...

Each time I try to comment, my technical expertise fails and I crash and burn so trying again! I would like to echo Helen M's comments. I check the blog daily (multiple times in fact when I am 'waiting' for the next post!). Never think that we tire or "don't want to hear it". In fact, quite the opposite, we so want and sometimes need to hear it. We are better parents and people when you let us share in your journey. Keep on posting - the highs (Congrats Brodie!) and lows we want and NEED to hear it all!!!
Auntie Carla and the gang

Anonymous said...

Jolene, I too check your blog often, and don't get tired of your ups and downs. I admire your stamina through it all, and our prayers go with you.
I think Mira looks like you, and a lot like Hope as well. Lila

joan said...

We love you and love it that you are willing to share your journey, thankyou dear daughter :)

Anonymous said...

Love you so much! I never get tired of hearing about the ups and downs. It helps me know how to pray for you! Brodie just looks so grown up...what a good looking boy!
Love, Elise

Anonymous said...

Jolene: I find it hard to think of all your family has to deal with. If anybody has a right to some days when things look bleak, it is you. I don't know how you manage to keep such an upbeat look at life most of the time. I know of many people whio have much less stressful lives than you who can't cope. I want you to know how much you are admired for the way yo live your life. Keeping you and yours in my thoughts and prayers.
Marie McConnell

Karin said...

Let it out, all of it. Don't bottle it up inside. We are here for you for the good and the bad the happy and the sad. Your blog helps us all stay connected!

take care,
Karin