Monday, May 16, 2011

Sliding downhill

Yesterday, I sat down at the computer a few times and meant to update the blog, but I was distracted from the task each time.  I wish I had made it happen yesterday, because today is not so great.

Hope was doing well.  We were able to bring her to church with us on Sunday, and I had some nice cuddles with her during the week.  The weekend was fantastic.  We enjoyed the warm weather and started a project.  I even put a summer dress on Mira...


The last couple evenings, Hope has been crying.  Such sad, sad cries, with great, big tears, and then she falls asleep.  This morning she had a big seizure and then started shivering/shaking.  She was cold to the touch, and she had goosebumps, so we covered her up.  But the shivering got worse and she started looking mottled, so I checked her temperature.  Not good.  She has a temp of 104 degrees Farenheit.  I gave tylenol and got rid of the blankets.  We're turning her every 30 minutes and using a cool cloth on her forhead.  Yes, I do have help today, and I've called Alex home. 

Right now, it is 11am, and she is not looking mottled anymore, and her skin is nice and pink.  But the tylenol has not helped, and her temp is still 104 degrees.  Her breathing is a little laboured and fast, and she has yellow, thick sputum (which some of you may not care about, but my nurse friends will be desperate for details).  I would guess that she has a pneumonia.  I will not guess if she can get through this.

Whatever happens in the next little while, you can pray for us.  Either way, this is hard.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Jolene, tears run down my face as I read this. You should not have to deal with this as the grief of Ashley is still so raw. But I am not the one in control, God is. And Jesus said "I will never leave you nor forsake you." He will see you through. I know my words might not bring you any comfort, but know that I and many others are praying for you, all of you.

Jane

Anonymous said...

Oh, jolene, all my love and prayers today. God Keep you ,Let His countenance shine on you and give you peace .Ida

Kim said...

Praying for comfort and peace for all of you.

Nichole said...

Thinking of you today. Praying...

aynsley said...

Jolene and Alex,
Parenting in this situation is brings tears to my eyes- I hope and pray for time with Hopey- as you all so deserve. Thinking of you- all of you-

Aynsley

andrew + camille said...

so sorry. :(

xo camille