Friday, November 28, 2008

Hugs


Here's Brodie, surprising Ashley with a hug. He wore his glasses on and off today, not to school, because there was no school today (good thing to be aware of!). The first time he tried the patch, was a traumatic experience. He wanted more computer time and agreed to wear his patch and glasses to get it. Once he was all set up, he looked at the computer, then looked back at me with the saddest, pleading look and said, "But Mommy, I can't see!". It broke my heart. My initial thought...I am NOT doing this to him!!!


The conversation that followed was so sad. I think it was a real shock to him that he can hardly see out of that eye, and even worse that he's expected to rely on that limited vision for a good part of the day. I still don't agree with this therapy. Why does he need two eyes anyway, he's perfectly fine with one.


Now that I've ranted a bit. Ashley was smiley and cuddley today. Hope was great until about 7:30pm, then she started her crying/screaming/seizing part of the day. Completely, inconsolable, she settled around 9pm.


It can feel a little hopeless when one can not do anything for their child.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jolene,
Just a quick little note to say we are checking your blog and I feel like I get to know your family a bit more and feel that that is great. I hope you have a nice weekend with Alex back from work. We are heading to Regina to see Baby Beth and Grandpa & Grandma F. are coming for the day. Hi to everyone- Lorraine

Elise said...

Jolene, you do SO much for your kids! You are the most dedicated, hard-working mom I know of, and you constantly work hard to do things to improve all of your kids' lives ! I'm always praying. Love you,
Elise

Anonymous said...

yeah, i echo lise.. you are an amazing mom, even when you feel powerless and helpless. we love you guys and we want to build you up!!

camille & andrew