Monday, November 24, 2008

Snack Time


Another little tidbit about our house. When Brodie gets home from school it's snack time and cuddle time on the couch. I have the snack ready and the girls ready, and he drops his stuff as he runs in the door, to see what the snack is. Then we watch T.V. for a bit. If I'm lucky, I get to have a cup of coffee as I enjoy my snuggles with the girls.


Today, as I held Hope during "snack time", I noticed the increased frequency, duration and intensity of her seizures. The little jerks are becoming more 'violent' and the whole body convulsions happened three times, followed by about 4 minutes of rhythmic spasms. It feels awful when I'm holding her, but after... she always smiles at me. So cute. Right now, I can hear her in her room making little 'hoo' noises (it's 9:45 p.m.). She sounds like an owl!


I had an interesting evening out today. Miranda (our respite worker) was here so that I could join a friend for coffee (I get lonely when Alex is gone). While we were enjoying some good conversation, I got a call from Miranda. Ashley's G-tube had fallen out!!! Just like that. Crazy things always happen when I leave.


Luckily, Miranda is not afraid of anything around here (her initiation during one of her first shifts was to send Hope off in an ambulance, after finding her seizing in her bed). Miranda was able to insert a new G-tube on her own, while I talked her through it over the phone. Yeah for me, I got to finish my coffee. Perhaps the caffeine is the reason I'm writing so much!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jolene!

Thanks for coming to see Kaden and
Elle last night. It was really good to see you. I love to read your blog and we pray for Hope & Ashley. Candace & I would love to go for a visit sometime so we can cuddle those little angels of yours. Also, throwing a kiss for Brodie. He's such a sweetie!!

Take Care, Sharon

Anonymous said...

Never a dull moment in your house Jolene! Thanks so much for sharing with us all. I really look forward to checking your blog every few days. You are an inspiration!
Love, Cousin Natalie