Thursday, March 17, 2011

Death watch

When Ashley was a year old, we decided to stop waiting for her to die, and I remember a comment about us being on the 'death watch'.  It feels like we're back there again.  Unfortunately, it is not something I can control, and although it may sound like we 'cry wolf' a couple times... and then Ashley gets better, we are not over-reacting.  We're just living a very real, very tough situation.  My friend, Karen, sums this up very well in her recent post about 'life bumps'.  You can see the link to her blog on the sidebar titled Rainbows and Earthquakes.

Ashley is breathing at rates of 70 - 80 breaths/minute right now.  She has a fever that comes and goes (sometimes the tylenol helps but it doesn't seem to be helping this morning).  She did have a wet diaper this morning and she's not puking, although she's barely awake enough to even cough, much less vomitt.  She still looks peaceful, and she could get over this, but I really couldn't say for sure.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying God gives you the strength you need today.

Jacquie

Anonymous said...

Prayer is a powerful thing. As parents you feel all the joys & sorrows, I can only skim the surface of those
feelings. I will keep on praying for you.

In Christ
Brenda

Anonymous said...

I think of you often, and I admire your strength. Judith directed me to your blog. I love the picture you've posted today. May God Bless your family.

Anonymous said...

You are in our thoughts constantly. I can't imagine the emotional struggles you face daily but your strength as you travel this journey continues to amaze me on a daily basis.

Please let us know if we can help in any way.

Love Janice, Darren and Keira

joan said...

Jolene & Alex , i have tried several times to post and it has not posted, internet is slow here.
We have been keeping a close watch on blog and we love you all soooo much and can hardly wait to be back in this very hard time. We are praying!!!!!
Love, M&D

Anonymous said...

What a roller coast you are on. I am always in awe of the courage you show in sharing your blog with us. I will be back to Winnipeg in 2 weeks from yesterday. I was talking to Ashley yesterday and told her I couldn't wait to get home to come and give your Ashley my cuddles and love. I am praying for you that you will have the strength to face whatever comes your way.
Marie McConnell

Derek & Jo said...

praying for you guys. take care
johanna & derek Friesen

jodi (friesen) kope said...

i found your blog a few weeks ago - it's been a reminder, to me, to pray for you daily. i pray that God gives you exactly what you need each day, and that all of you would feel Him close.

Anonymous said...

I'm praying for you right now. You are such a great Mom, and I pray God'peace over you and your family. Love your pictures you post
Erica (from FGMB Mom's group)

Madelaine said...

love the picture, it reminds me of God's powerful hands of love - holding you close. Praying....for you

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you and your family Jolene, you are an inspiration as a mother and a person and sharing your journey is very powerful- wishing the girls peace and comfort- Lorraine