Thursday, March 10, 2011

Hope is sick


I took the girls to RCC yesterday for Ashley's wheelchair fitting, stander fitting, and an appointment to have her casted for the soft boston brace (a brace that will support her torso which is becoming very twisted).  I snapped this pic just before the vomitting began.  I was so pleased to have gotten to the Centre by 9am and the girls were all smiley and cute...so I got the camera out.  A little while later, our nice day turned sour when Hopey started vomitting yucky, blood-tinged puke everywhere. 

If it had to happen at an appointment, I'm glad it was an appointment at RCC because they were great.  Pukey clothes and blankets were washed and dried (yep, they have a wash machine and dryer), and they had some sheets to wrap Hope in while the clothes were in the wash.  In the meantime, we continued with Ashley's appointments.  You can see her below, getting covered in plaster to make the mold for her brace...



All that stuff came off eventually and although I washed her fairly well before I dressed her, she still needed a bath when we got home.  I was a little worried about driving home with no one to sit with Hope.  If she started vomitting while in the carseat, I was pretty sure she would aspirate (which would mean getting stuff in the lungs).  She didn't puke.  She waited until we got home and then started up again. 

So, there we are.  It's just one crisis after another these days.  I'm glad we enjoyed the  previous week of smiles, cuddles and peace to the fullest.  Today Alex got home from another work trip, so I'm glad to have him home tonight so I don't have to sit with Hope alone.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know how you cope Jolene. Hopefully things settle down again.

Derek

Anonymous said...

Glad to see Ashley doing so well. Poor Hope, I hope she soon gets through this episode. You are an inspiration to me Jolene. With all you have to deal with I don,t know how you always manage to have a smile on your face whenever I see you. Be home in Manitoba in about 2 1/2 weeks. Hope to get over for a visit but I won,t have a vehicle in the city so will either have to walk or borrow a vehicle. Hope to see you soon.Marie McConnell