Friday, March 18, 2011

Working hard

Ashley is still working hard to breath.  She's breathing very fast, and still has a fever.  The tylenol helps sometimes.  I just keep giving it.  She does look peaceful, and she's not having any seizures.  We rarely see her awake.  If her eyes are open, they are often just half open and not very aware.  She is not having any pain, as far as I can see.

I have been so focused on Ashley, that I forgot to notice that Hope isn't getting better.  She started her vomitting episode 10 days ago, and she still isn't back to normal.  Usually she gets over it in 4-5 days, and then has a 'perky', energetic time afterward.  But I can't sit her up, or she will cough until she throws up.  So, I am keeping her on the couch too.  This morning I cleaned up a whole bunch of thick, green secretions from her mouth and the cloth under her face.  She's terribly sleepy and I was expecting that she would be back to smiling by now.  So, I guess she's sick too. 

We've definitely entered our 'Winter' season in this house.  It's a time of change, and it's although it is a little gloomy and grey, we are still blessed.  We are at home...together!  Blessed by friends and family who call, or send notes, or comment here on the blog.  Blessed by meals, and coffee treats and special visitors.  Most importantly, we are blessed by God's presence and the peace that envelopes our home.  We still smile and laugh and eat and pray!  We are well....thank you for caring.

January/2011

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks again for keeping us posted. I can't imagine how hard it has been. Thinking of you...
Helen from work.