Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Oh Hopey!

Oh, Hopey...why can't you just be better?  Last night we had wonderful smiles and cuddles and even some 'coos' from Hope.  She was just wonderful to hold.  This morning we found a puddle of blood-tinged puke to clean up and Hope struggling with secretions.  She has barely woken up today, and she only had one wet diaper, but don't worry she's been breathing very peacefully for the rest of the day.  It seems like we're one step forward and a couple steps back these days.


Today I went to a funeral for Joel.  Joel is the 2 year old son of my friend, Karen, who's blog you can see in the sidebar.  Joel died on the day of Ashley's funeral.  Now, Karen and I have even more in common and we will be walking this journey together for years to come.  This isn't a sad statement, it's a statement of wonder!  How blessed am I, to have a friend who understands my unique journey, and who's journey I can understand in turn?  The timing of us meeting just a little while ago, speaks of God's hand at work.  See how your prayers for us have been heard?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll be praying for Hope today! Love you. - Elise

Anonymous said...

Jolene and family- just letting you know Hope and all of you are in my toughts. We heard how beautiful the celebration of Ashley's life was and please know that we are praying for all of you. Stay well my friend. LF

Karin said...

Hi Jolene,

Thinking of you and of course the whole family. I am glad that you and Karen have each other to walk this journey. There is great comfort in friends that completely understand. Much love to Hope - may she stay peaceful!
Hugs,
Karin

Anonymous said...

wow Jolene, that is so neat how God places those special ppl in our lives!!! how amazing.
xo
Camille